What is AgrAbility?
The National AgrAbility Project is a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) funded program established to help people with disabilities remain active in agriculture. For more information, check out the National AgrAbility Project.
West Virginia AgrAbility
Farming is one of the nation’s most dangerous professions because it includes a combination of difficult working conditions, hazardous equipment, and animals that can become out-of-control.
If an accident or a chronic health condition has made it difficult for you to work or manage your farm, no matter its size, W.Va. AgrAbility can help you and your family members in many ways. We can:
- Make direct on-the-farm visits to help develop solutions to meet specific needs.
- Recommend safe affordable modifications to your home, land, vehicles, and farming equipment.
- Put you in contact with other West Virginia farm families who have had similar experiences so you can exchange ideas.
- Help you find funding support for the assistive technology and farm equipment modifications you may need.
- Provide education on farm safety and injury prevention.
A program as broad as W.Va. AgrAbility is successful as a result of partnerships. Learn more about our partners.
Comprised of dedicated and talented West Virginians with interests in farming and disabilities, the W.Va. AgrAbility Steering Committee advises the program. Learn more about the committee.